Please feel free to repost and share in any way you may want to!
Hope, grace, love, restoration....So many things go into these powerful words. I am truly honored to be able to share my story of restoration and hope with you- Jennifer Manly
I am Jen, former Army brat, and eldest of three and now a 31 year old mother of five, living here in our beautiful Colorado. I've always been a free spirit with a zest for life which evolved into being a "wild child" in my early preteen years. After some very traumatic circumstances, I fell into a deep depression which landed me in "the system." I was in and out of group homes, hospitals, and "therapeutic" foster homes. Shortly after returning home at 15 I ran away which lead me down a true path of destruction. I found myself hitch-hiking around Texas and Mexico with a man ten years older than me who was an alcoholic with a horrible addiction to crack. I found myself broken, alone, homeless, and pregnant at seventeen.
Might I say, it was not my best year...
Twenty weeks into my pregnancy reality sunk-in; I was going to be a mother. I called my parents for help and moved to Leavenworth, Kansas. Despite all my greatest efforts to pull a life together for my son: getting my GED, working two jobs, and attending college, his father was still in my life.
- Visit: www.gofundme.com/charlesmanly to hear more about Charles Manly or to give.
- Colorado Springs friends: Come to Souper Salad on Friday, June 17th from 5-8 pm for a fund raising dinner
- Colorado Springs friends: Visit Freedom Chiropractic on June 27 from 9-11 am or 3-6 pm for a Community Outreach Day.For $25 you receive: A full medical history, thermography scan, orthopedic evaluation, and then a followup with the doctor to go over findings and recommendations. (a $300+ value).The entire amount will be designated for the Manlys'. Call 719-533-0303 to hear more.
- Colorado Friends: Join us for the run4youth 5k walk/run on October 1 @ 9am
- Donate to and Shop @ The Manly's Yard Sale @ 8933 Bellcove Circle, 80920 this Fri and Sat, June 10 &11 from 8am- 2pm
And Of course: Pray! Pray! Pray!